Chicago roofing company licensed, insured and bonded to provide Commercial, Residential and Industrial Roofing & Masonry services.
Crown RoofingRead more...
Should I remove snow from my roof? If you see a large amount of snow on your roof, you’d better take it seriously. Unfortunately for us all, that fairytale look only seems harmless, in reality it exposes your roof to multiple hazards. The first instinct is usually to remove it all as soon as possible and this is a correct decision, but there are several factors you need to consider before doing that. As it has been mentioned, we say yes to snow removal! The main reason for that is that weight on the roof might cause a lot of damage such as:
- appearance of new cracks or old cracks expansion
- water pooling and flooding if your roof is flat
- serious structural damage
- the early failure of the gutter system and so on
- The type of snow (wet or fluffy, old or new)
- The ratio of water to snow
- Existence of structural problems