Skim CoatingCrown Roofing
What is a skim coat and its purpose? Have you noticed newly developed cracks in the drywall? If so, it is high time to do some repairs. One of the easiest ways to get rid of shallow cracks, bad taping and other minor imperfections is skim coating. What is a skim coat? It is a thin layer of diluted joint compound that is commonly used to make a wall look smooth and flawless. When should you apply a skim coat? The problem with a skim coat is that the majority of people don't know when it needs to be applied. In order to save your time, money, and efforts, we have made a list of common cases when a skim coat is a must.
- When installing new drywall.
- After drywall repair.
- When restoring a new-like appearance of the walls.
- When repairing drywall damage caused by wallpaper removal.
- Drying process is very slow.
- If you decide to skim coat your drywall and you don’t have special skills, the damaged area is going to be noticeable even after skim coating.